quinta-feira, 17 de novembro de 2011

You better turn around and blow your kiss hello to life eternal




jeff buckley | eternal life (live at sin-é)

Relentless, endless joy peaking into tears, resting into calmness, a shimmering beauty. If you let yourself listen with the whole of yourself, you will have the pure feeling of flight while firmly rooted to the ground... My musical influences? Love, anger, depression, joy and dreams. And Zeppelin. Totally. Everybody knows what it's like to create an artistic moment. If you've spent a night making love, you know exactly what it means. To strip your ego where you are expressing yourself, wordlessly, collaborating on a moment that has an energy about it that is completely inspirational in a way you could never imagine. That's the way art really is. Grace is what matters. In anything. Especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. About people, that's what matters. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly; it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly; it sort of keeps you alive and keeps you open for more understanding. I want to be ripped apart by music. I want it to be something that feeds and replenishes, or that totally sucks the life out of you. I want to be dashed against the rocks. Music is my mother and my father; it is my work and my rest... my blood... my compass... my love... Music is endless. The thing is that I want it all next week, right now, this millisecond. The leader, the instigator, the creator, the cold origination; life should sparkle and rush, burn with fire, hot like melting steel, like freeze-burn from a comet. Be seriously involved with growing, with your own development, and never fear. Be the kind of person who is naturally powerful, positive, ingenious, open, to the highest degree, but with no interest in coercion or pressure or power over other people. That kind of power is hollow. It contains nothing and brings you nothing in the long run. Be the best. No negativity. No weakness. No acquiescence to fear or disaster. No errors of ignorance. No evasion from reality. I love anything that haunts me... and never leaves. People are all divine.

Jeff Buckley (November 17, 1966 – May 29, 1997)

Sem comentários: